[INFO] Enhanced documentation

This forum is dedicated to feedback, discussions about ongoing or future developments, ideas and suggestions regarding the ChibiOS projects are welcome. This forum is NOT for support.
Giovanni
Site Admin

[INFO] Enhanced documentation

Postby Giovanni » Sat May 05, 2018 8:57 am

Hi,

I am working to improve the documentation organization, in the future there will be an unified Reference Manual for all products. PDF files will stay separated.

This is a documentation snapshot of current trunk: https://chibiforge.org/doc/trunk/full_rm/

It looks similar but the sections are arranged in a more structured way and it contains all products. Suggestions?

Giovanni

apmorton

Re: [INFO] Enhanced documentation

Postby apmorton » Tue May 15, 2018 10:46 pm

Having all the products in a single document is a big plus - awesome work there.

One thing that I still have trouble with is documentation of data structures overriden/added to in LLD implementations.

Take I2CConfig as an example. https://chibiforge.org/doc/trunk/full_r ... onfig.html

Because these are all generated from the LLD templates, they are not always super useful.

I don't know if it is possible, but it would definitely be super helpful to have the documentation include sections for each LLD in the HAL.

Maybe this already exists in a separate doc, but I have never been able to find it - I just end up going back to the source code.

Giovanni
Site Admin

Re: [INFO] Enhanced documentation

Postby Giovanni » Wed May 16, 2018 4:38 am

Hi,

Currently there is one document "builder" for the STM32F3xx, it merges HAL and the F3 LLDs, it could be copy/pasted it to make builders for all other platforms, tags are already in place.

It is not possible to make a single document with all HALs because a limitation of Doxygen, it cannot handle multiple definitions of structures with the same name, it merges the multiple declarations like it is a single structure. This is why just the template is used for the mega document, same for also the RT/NIL ports. I have not found a workaround about this something like "namespaces" would be required.

Giovanni

Return to “Development and Feedback”