EXHAL

This forum is about you. Feel free to discuss anything is related to embedded and electronics, your awesome projects, your ideas, your announcements, not necessarily related to ChibiOS but to embedded in general. This forum is NOT for support.
aldominardo

Re: EXHAL

Postby aldominardo » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:05 am

Now it is working perfectly!

Thanks again
Aldo

RoccoMarco

PLAY for ChibiOS

Postby RoccoMarco » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:28 pm

Hi, Aldo
Very well.
Let me know if instructions for AHRS demos are almost clear and comprehensible.

Ciao,
RM

aldominardo

Postby aldominardo » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:05 pm

Dear Rocco,
before attempting to use AHRSS, I was trying to better understand your acceleration demo

one question: if I want to use Eclipse only for run (not debugging), I need to configure a run configuration

however, when I try to run the .elf from Eclipse (green arrow), I get the message "Error starting process"

in the details , I get the following message

"Error starting process.Cannot run program "C:\ChibiStudio\chibios\demos\STM32F103_INEMO-DISCOVERY-PLAY-ON_BOARD_ACCEL\build\ch.elf": Launching failed"

any suggestion?

thank you !
Aldo

RoccoMarco

Postby RoccoMarco » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:18 pm

Dear Aldo,
i think that your question is out of topic. You could ask about ChibiStudio on this sub forum: ChibiStudio - forum.chibios.org.
Anyway powering up the board (even though usb) last flashed firmware will be executed. (To restart you could press reset button to). Of course without openocd you will not be able to debug.
Do I have solved the doubt?

ciao,
RM

aldominardo

Postby aldominardo » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:36 pm

Dear Rocco,

yes, I know that the board executes the firmware each time it is powered up. I was just wondering how to run / stop the firmware by Eclipse, rather than just plugging in / out the device (another reason is that within Eclipse I can use the terminal for displaying the data stream ).

I've also tried the AHRS. It works fine. As far as I understood, I have to wait for the blue led to turn off, then rotate the IMU in all directions trying to reach 100 % calibration....after that I get the Euler angles. Is it correct?

Thanks again,
Aldo

RoccoMarco

PLAY for ChibiOS

Postby RoccoMarco » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:48 pm

Usually I use a copy of HyperTerminal out of eclipse.
At first turn-on of blue led, sw is calibrating gyroscope (so don't move the iNEMO),
At second turn-on you are calibrating the magnetometer so you have to cover all the 3d space-ellipsoid (rotating iNEMO in order to find 6 compensation parameter.Note that the original model requires 12 parameter but the calibration would be fully manual).
There are comments about these two steps into the code.

Ciao,
RM

aldominardo

Postby aldominardo » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:45 am

Dear Rocco,

based on your experience, do you feel that calibration is necesssary each time the device is turned on?

I mean, supposing that the device is always operating in the same environment, could I calibrate the sensor just once, and then re-using the same calibration parameters each time the sensor is turned on ?
In case your answer is yes, is there a simple way to store the calibration parameters in the target device, so that at the startup the sensor loads these parameters without entering the calibration stage?
Thanks ,
Aldo

RoccoMarco

PLAY for ChibiOS

Postby RoccoMarco » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:57 am

My code is just a Demo. What to do depends on your application. You could try to use an SD card and fatfs to save compensation data. Note that compensation data are stored in COMPDriver and in GYRODriver. You could avoid to do Gyro calibration but note that compass compensation parameter depends on environment.

giovanni.volpicelli

Postby giovanni.volpicelli » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:55 pm

Dear Rocco,

do any ChibiOS function exists that saves data on microSD instead of send them to video?

Thanks.
Giovanni

RoccoMarco

Postby RoccoMarco » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:05 pm

You could use FATFS... it is a library that support FAT file system. I haven't used it yet so I don't know details. You can find some other info looking at the folder os/various or os/ext actually I don't remember. :oops:

Return to “User Projects”