Raspberry Pi scriptable extension board.

This forum is about you. Feel free to discuss anything is related to embedded and electronics, your awesome projects, your ideas, your announcements, not necessarily related to ChibiOS but to embedded in general. This forum is NOT for support.
z80

Raspberry Pi scriptable extension board.

Postby z80 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Hello!

I've made a board which runs under Chibios control and could be used either alone or coupled with Raspberry Pi computer. It is scriptable using Pawn language. It has relatively powerful adjustable voltage converters. So it can use almost any powerful enough voltage source. It can feed Raspberry Pi with stabilized 5V. It can work standalone running previously uploaded script. Or it can turn RPi on/off by schedule or on button click and execute commands coming from RPi. Actually there is no need to use exactly RPi, because the board can receive commands not only through RPi extension socket but through USB socket as well. So for tests I use it coupled with my laptop computer.

It has the following hardware.
3 axes accelerometer,
3 axes compass, thermometer,
motor controller with protective diodes,
USB port,
serial port,
I2C master,
I2C slave,
Light LED driver.

It can be extended using addon boards. At the moment I made only one type of addon boards which has 8 servo sockets, 8 motor control pads, 8 digital inputs and 8 ADC inputs. It is possible to connect any number of addon boards. At last I have enough functionality for my hardware experiments :) Thank you for great free OS!

Please, have a look at pictures below.
supply_on_pi.jpg
supply_on_pi.jpg (249.08 KiB) Viewed 3758 times

2_addons_on_supply_on_pi.jpg
2_addons_on_supply_on_pi.jpg (101.99 KiB) Viewed 3758 times

Giovanni
Site Admin

Re: Raspberry Pi scriptable extension board.

Postby Giovanni » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:42 pm

You are welcome :)

Keep posting about your project.

Giovanni

Tectu

Postby Tectu » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:10 pm

That's an interesting project. I send a tweet out about it.
Please keep us posted about any progress!

~ Tectu

z80

Postby z80 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:01 am

Hello again!

The board turned out to be very usable. At least for me and for a friend of mine :) So I decided to publish information about the board and its applications at a web-site to introduce the board better and to collect any sort of feedback from people over the World. I'd like to make it as good as possible and to disclose it for public use in the future. Of course, if it deserves it :)

Please, don't judge it too strict! It is still work in progress: http://grambo-pi.com.

Return to “User Projects”