MIPS32 port

ChibiOS public support forum for topics related to the micro-controllers based on MIPS32 cores.
gera

Re: MIPS32 port

Postby gera » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:58 pm

I'd happy to do that however I afraid I am not really familiar with git/github. Could you explain it bit more?
Note that my code is the latest chibios svn trunk plus your mips/pic32 port plus my mac_lld and ESK demo.

gera

Postby gera » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:27 pm

gera wrote:I'd happy to do that however I afraid I am not really familiar with git/github. Could you explain it bit more?
Note that my code is the latest chibios svn trunk plus your mips/pic32 port plus my mac_lld and ESK demo.

Ok, never mind. I managed to create my own github repository at https://github.com/gera-k/ChibiOS.git.
Hopefully I have it synced up with upstream chibios, your port, and with my additions. I haven't created a branch for my changes though so the code is in mips-pic32mx branch.
I also tried to create a pull request however it seems it includes all chibios changes that haven't been merged into your repository.
Please take a look and let me know if there are any problems.

thanks,
gera

Dmytro

Postby Dmytro » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:04 am

Hi gera,
can you please fork my repository in github(I've just rebased both master and mips-pic32mx with mabl/ChibiOS).
As you create a fork, pull it locally and merge your changes with local branch and push to remote branch.
Once this is done you can do a suture-less pull request.

Also can you please split your commit "Add mac_lld to MIPS-PIC32MX platform and PIC32-ESK demo" into 2 parts:
- mac lld
- demo board

Also do changes to lwip and serial LLD are necessary?
And if you don't mind can you put your copyleft in your files just in case people want to contact for some reason or send a beer ;)
Everything else looks awesome.

thanks!
~ dmytro

gera

Postby gera » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:15 am

pull request, attempt #2 - looks better.

As for the changes:
- serial_lld - the changes are necessary for sd_lld_putc and dbgprintf (main.c in the ESK demo) to work during early stages of os initialization. It's only required when debug trace macros in mac_lld.c are enabed.
- lwipthread.c - just a cosmetic change - makes 'thread' command output look better but not really required.

Dmytro

Postby Dmytro » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:38 am

Yep indeed - it looks more clear. =)

Regarding the change in LLD: can you please rename debug field of _serial_driver_data into smth like ll_init and sd_lld_start_dbg into sd_lld_ll_init? Also you should be able to call sd_lld_ll_init from sd_lld_start.
This will make things more clear about what is going on. Also it would be good to have it as a separate commit.

Also please make change to lwip as separate commit. If once Giovanni will decide to merge this into the base repository I don't know whether he will accept this change.
If he won't it would be much easier to drop a single commit then splitting smth in the middle.

Thanks a lot!
~ dmytro

gera

Postby gera » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:27 pm

attempt #3

I have discarded serial lld and lwip changes as they seem to be not really important.
I also added a note to demos/MIPS-...ESK/readme.txt about enabling the trace macros in mac_lld in case anyone ever wants to use them.

Dmytro

Postby Dmytro » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:37 pm

The pull request was merged.
Thanks a lot for your effort =)!

cheers,
~ dmytro

gera

Postby gera » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:11 am

hi dmytro,
I've added DHCP support to the ESK demo, it's in my repository on github.
Let me know if you're interested in merging it into your rep.

regards,
gera.

Tectu

Postby Tectu » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:09 am

Hello folks,

It's nice to see that people are working on this, good work! However, I'd like to propose that you create a thread for each sub-port. For example, one for USB, one for ADC, then the networking stuff etc. When people use your port but have problems, they can reply on that thread. Everything in the same place like here does not only make it messy, but also it's a pain to read through 12 pages, when you just want to see where the DHCP stuff happens :)

~ Tectu

Dmytro

Postby Dmytro » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:31 pm

Hi gera,
it's fine for me, you can do a pull request.
I've also noticed your fix in SPI LLD, I wonder is that chip-specific? SPI was working fine for me.
Also I don't understand your change:
tx->src = dmaMap(spid->txptr?(uint8_t *)spid->txptr+1:dummyDmaTxBuffer);
- tx->n = cnt-1;
+ tx->n = cnt; //-1;

Here I set (cnt-1) because I initiate first SPI transaction manually.

thanks,
~ dmytro

Return to “MIPS32 Support”