lcd connection help

daviddawe1982

lcd connection help

Postby daviddawe1982 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:46 am

hello,
i am very new to the micro controller world so please bear with me and the stupid questions.
i have a stm32f4 discovery and a ili9320 controlled lcd
i have been over the code and think i have got the gist of chibios gfx and i am ready to test with a demo only one problem :?
how do i wire the bloody thing up ? :oops: i have looked at the driver files but i cant seem to see where there is a pin config or anything so i am assuming that there is a standard way to connect the lcd i get the power connections lol but where do i connect the i/o , clock,backlight pwm etc??
please help i know this would be basic stuff for you guys.
thanks

ok looking into the files some more i now realize that the board file in the driver files relates to this but how do i relate this to the actual pins on the stm does anybody have an example they could share with me??

Tectu

Re: lcd connection help

Postby Tectu » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:42 pm

Hello Dave, I answered your e-mail, I'm now working on a piece of official documentation - stay tuned.

@Giovanni, you may move this to the LCD subforum.

~ Tectu

Tectu

Re: lcd connection help

Postby Tectu » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:19 pm

Okay, this still needs some polishing of course but I hope this gives you a quick start: http://chibios-gfx.com/documentation/gdisp/interface
I will write it up more clearly with more explanations as soon as I am not as busy as I am right now ;-)

If you have any questions - feel free to ask!

~ Tectu

Return to “LCD Driver and Graphic Framework”