Modular audio/MIDI platform

This forum is about you. Feel free to discuss anything is related to embedded and electronics, your awesome projects, your ideas, your announcements, not necessarily related to ChibiOS but to embedded in general. This forum is NOT for support.
eranrund

Modular audio/MIDI platform

Postby eranrund » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:40 am

Hey everyone!

I wanted to share with you a project I have been working on over the last year. It's actually a combination of multiple projects aimed at DJs/artists who use a computer as part of their setup. First, some pictures:

There are currently three sub-projects who use ChibiOS:
- Cenx4 - A small OLED+4 rotary encoders+other goodies modular controller.
- Hyperion - A channel strip module, with an OLED display, 2 rotary encoders, 7 knobs, fader, and 8 LED-lit pushbuttons.
- Narvi - a 4 channel audio interface.

Additionally there is an on-going effort to write a web application who uses Web MIDI api to perform tasks such as configuration and firmware updates.

Everything is open-source, and relies heavily on the wonderful ChibiOS. It is a one-man project at this stage, and I am mostly doing it because I am excited about the opportunities it opens me when it comes to building audio/MIDI gadgets. I felt like a lot of the stuff used these days is out dated, and decided to roll my own instead of relying on anything that already exists - but I did copy a lot of ideas from other projects/platforms.

I wrote a series of short blog posts about this project in case anyone is interested in more details: http://rundste.in/tag/phi/. The code and hardware design files are available here: https://github.com/pulsar-heavy-industries/phi
This is nowhere near being completed, but most stuff already works quite reliably! Happy to answer any questions about this!

Giovanni
Site Admin

Re: Modular audio/MIDI platform

Postby Giovanni » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:19 pm

Good work, feel free to post updates here.

Giovanni

Return to “User Projects”