Em::Blocks project template

This forum is about you. Feel free to discuss anything is related to embedded and electronics, your awesome projects, your ideas, your announcements, not necessarily related to ChibiOS but to embedded in general. This forum is NOT for support.
Tectu

Re: Em::Blocks project template

Postby Tectu » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:10 am

I managed to build a ChibiOS/RT 3.x and uGFX 2.2 project for the STM32F429i-Discovery using external Makefiles but I couldn't try it out yet. Just so you know that there is some progress.
Sorry for the long delays.

~ Tectu

Tectu

Postby Tectu » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:22 pm

@Chudik: I have my stuff running but with a dirty little hack that is not really professional (talking about PATH variables). I am currently waiting for a response of the Em::Blocks guy but he does not seem to be very active these days...

Forum: http://www.emblocks.org/forum/viewtopic ... =571#p3197

~ Tectu

Chudik

Postby Chudik » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:29 pm

That is great!!!
PATH variable is a manageable thing :), but if you can provide full solution it will definitely be a big plus for many people.

I'm glad that you solve this problem.

Tectu

Postby Tectu » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:13 am

Chudik, I don't know what happened but the Em::Blocks guy hasn't answered any forum posts in the past few days (nearly weeks?).

~ Tectu

Chudik

Postby Chudik » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:56 pm

Tectu,
I hope eventually he will response.

I will try to register on his forum and try to push from another side.

Giovanni
Site Admin

Postby Giovanni » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:21 pm

I don't know if "pushing" is a good idea, he must have his reasons.

Giovanni

Tectu

Postby Tectu » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:11 am

Giovanni wrote:I don't know if "pushing" is a good idea, he must have his reasons.

I totally agree on that one. That is one of the problem that the smaller projects such as ChibiOS, Em::Blocks and uGFX have. There is usually just one main developer and when he/she becomes busy or if something unexpected happens they have to focus the little time that they have on the paying customers.

And with these kinds of problems you usually want to reply on your own forum as fast and as good as possible as it is usually vital for these kinds of projects to have an active community.

~ Tectu

EmBlocks

Postby EmBlocks » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:00 am

Hi,

Yes, I'm quite busy at the moment. Normally I'm a consultant so when I have a customer with a deadline problem I'm totally occupied. That's why the new version, which is almost ready and with a lot of new features, is still on hold. I can't afford to work 100% for EB, I have a family to support.

But every now and than I'm looking what is going on and if I can solve some quick issues I try to do that.

But did you guys asked a question on the EB forum? did I miss something?

Edit:
Is this about those environment variables?

Tectu

Postby Tectu » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:31 pm

No worries, we all fully understand! Most of us are in the exact same situation anyway.

EmBlocks wrote:Is this about those environment variables?

Yep. Thank you very much for replying. I'm gonna test it tomorrow and I should be able to publish that small guide within next week shouldn't there be any other problem.

~ Tectu

Tectu

Postby Tectu » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:06 pm

@Chudik: There seems to be an issue in either the actual Em::Blocks code or the wxWidgets library that is related to the environment variables. The Em::Blocks author is currently looking into this but there's absolutely no ETA.
Personally I won't use Em::Blocks until this issue has been sorted out as I have many different compilers (different versions etc. to test uGFX platform portability etc.) and adding those to the system path is no solution for me (and shouldn't be for anybody).

~ Tectu

Return to “User Projects”