ChibiOS-RT and STM32 embedded projects

This forum is about you. Feel free to discuss anything is related to embedded and electronics, your awesome projects, your ideas, your announcements, not necessarily related to ChibiOS but to embedded in general. This forum is NOT for support.
lucdono

ChibiOS-RT and STM32 embedded projects

Postby lucdono » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:34 pm

Hi everybody,
this is my first post on ChibiOS Forum.
I'd like to share my experiences as a user of ChibiOS: you can find at the following urls all my embedded projects based on ChibiOS.
All this project have been developed on STM32Fxxx discovery boards (at the moment on F0, F1 and F4)

Moreover, you will find the videos, photos and much more on these projects and all future projects at:

Enjoy :)

Regards,

Luca

PS:
Many thanks to Giovanni for his "patient" support :)

RoccoMarco

Re: ChibiOS-RT and STM32 embedded projects

Postby RoccoMarco » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:59 am

I was anxiously waiting for these sources, this will be very useful for my work
many thanks.

lucdono

Postby lucdono » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:39 pm

It's a pleasure :)

Tectu

Postby Tectu » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:38 pm

Hello lucdono and welcome to the ChibiOS forum ;-)

Thank you very much for sharing your work, it's always very interesting to see how other people are wasting in their spare time :D
Personally I am really interested in the XBladeCopter thing. I am currently looking forward to get those fancy controls (like the artificial horizon, the compass, altitude meter etc), on a touchscreen display (maybe 5 or 7") in order to create an independent remote control.

~ Tectu

lucdono

Postby lucdono » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:53 pm

Hi Tectu,
thanks for your welcome and for your interest.
The XBlade control client is an Eclipse-based application (AKA RCP, Reach Client Platform Application): it simply receives data from a serial interface (and also from a serial RF modem) and it provides a visual feedback using OpenGL (wrapped in Java with LWJGL), SWT widgets and plotting numerical data. I think you can simply re-use my code (with some modification) and adapt it to your purposes (I suppose you will use Android).
At the moment I'm working on creating and extensible architecture in this client: in this way every user can build its own plugin in order to receive and manage data according to its needs and using its own communication channel.
You can download an old version at http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbladecopter/ where you can also find the Eclipse RCP project.

If you need further information please contact me.

Regards,

Luca

Tectu

Postby Tectu » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:44 pm

Sorry for my late answer, I have been very busy.

I am not really interested in running that software inside eclipse nor in any other way on a host computer. What I'd like to do is running software which provides similar features direct, natively on an embedded device with some touchscreen TFT. It's just creating a very fancy remote control :)

~ Tectu

lucdono

Postby lucdono » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:29 pm

Hi, sorry for my misunderstanding.
I suppose it could be very easy if you implement such features in an Android based system. I've not much experiences on this, but I suppose it could be not much hard. All you need is wrapping some OpenGL based library in the Android UI framework.
On the other hand, you can investigate the ChibiOS support for LCD: http://chibios-gfx.com/ (see also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzA1KsB3vEU)

I hope this can be useful.

Regards,

Luca

Giovanni
Site Admin

Postby Giovanni » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:24 pm

You still didn't understand :)

He plans to implement something like your Eclipse environment directly on ChibiOS RT+GFX. No Android.

Giovanni

Tectu

Postby Tectu » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:45 pm

Giovanni wrote:He plans to implement something like your Eclipse environment directly on ChibiOS RT+GFX. No Android.

Exactly, this is what I'd like to do - ChibiOS everywhere :mrgreen:

ucdono wrote:On the other hand, you can investigate the ChibiOS support for LCD: http://chibios-gfx.com/ (see also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzA1KsB3vEU)

Getting ChibiOS/GFX running shouldn't be a problem for me ;-) Also note that the linked video is VERY old and it was just a VERY basic implementation. There are some newer ones around.

~ Tectu

smjh1371

Postby smjh1371 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:37 am

Can somebody here help me with some details of this project? " ball balancing "
I don't get the Win32 folder!

Return to “User Projects”