Separate path variables for *conf.h files Topic is solved

Use this forum for requesting small changes in ChibiOS. Large changes should be discussed in the development forum. This forum is NOT for support.
faisal

Separate path variables for *conf.h files  Topic is solved

Postby faisal » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:42 am

I'm currently integrating ChibiOS into another framework, and it is evident that I need separate configuration paths for where to find chconf.h, halconf.h, and mcuconf.h . It makes sense too from a Chibi product offering standpoint since the OS and HAL are separate modules.

Currently the makefiles (rt.mk, hal.mk, and platform.mk) assume that the related ch/hal/mcuconf.h are in a single directory $CONFDIR . It would be good to have those makefile reference CHCONFDIR, HALCONFDIR, and MCUCONFDIF. The user's project makefile may set all of them to be the same if they want - but it allows for greater flexibility in those projects where ChibiOS is part of a larger system.

Giovanni
Site Admin

Re: Separate path variables for *conf.h files

Postby Giovanni » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:35 am

It looks like a good idea, I need to make it in a way that does not require updating all makefiles. Maybe checking first XXXCONFDIR then CONFDIR in the .mk files.

Giovanni

faisal

Postby faisal » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:10 pm

Giovanni wrote:It looks like a good idea, I need to make it in a way that does not require updating all makefiles. Maybe checking first XXXCONFDIR then CONFDIR in the .mk files.

Giovanni

A mass update of the makefiles should be easy. If a CONFDIR is defined, just define the XXXCONFDIRs pointing to the same path. A search and replace would do it. Any other reason for not wanting to update makefiles?

Giovanni
Site Admin

Postby Giovanni » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:14 pm

Demos put all configuration files in the same directory, so it is convenient to still support the generic CONFDIR.

Giovanni

Giovanni
Site Admin

Postby Giovanni » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:52 pm

Hi,

Now it is possible to define CHCONFDIR, HALCONFDIR or simply CONFDIR (in smart mode of course). Note that mcuconf.h files have to go with HALCONFDIR because LLDs are not a separate thing.

Giovanni

Return to “Small Change Requests”