[INFO] lwIP version 2.0 Topic is solved

Use this forum for requesting small changes in ChibiOS. Large changes should be discussed in the development forum. This forum is NOT for support.
faisal

Re: [INFO] lwIP version 2.0

Postby faisal » Thu May 31, 2018 1:11 am

Marco wrote:Hi Giovanni,

I have been quite busy last weeks (and still) so i didn't continue my work on this. I will make sure all the work so far is in the git repository. If i remember correct i started working on a PPPoE netif but didn't know how to continue.

For this upcoming release a working Ethernet and PPPoS driver should be feasible IMO. I'll try to clean it a bit so you can include it in the release.

Marco

Is there any reason why your PPPoS driver didn't make it in the official ChibiOS bindings? I don't even see it in the github Contrib repo. I see your last commit regarding this in your repository, but then later you deleted it?
https://github.com/marcoveeneman/ChibiO ... 623ef8d100

This would be a good standard binding to include, as it can work with any target that supports hal_serial - and people can start experimenting with LwIP even without ethernet.

Let me know if there are any issues you ran into, I need this for my own purposes. I'll post back any contributions on my end.

Marco

Postby Marco » Thu May 31, 2018 10:07 am

faisal wrote:
Marco wrote:Hi Giovanni,

I have been quite busy last weeks (and still) so i didn't continue my work on this. I will make sure all the work so far is in the git repository. If i remember correct i started working on a PPPoE netif but didn't know how to continue.

For this upcoming release a working Ethernet and PPPoS driver should be feasible IMO. I'll try to clean it a bit so you can include it in the release.

Marco

Is there any reason why your PPPoS driver didn't make it in the official ChibiOS bindings? I don't even see it in the github Contrib repo. I see your last commit regarding this in your repository, but then later you deleted it?
https://github.com/marcoveeneman/ChibiO ... 623ef8d100

This would be a good standard binding to include, as it can work with any target that supports hal_serial - and people can start experimenting with LwIP even without ethernet.

Let me know if there are any issues you ran into, I need this for my own purposes. I'll post back any contributions on my end.

Hi faisal,

Actually i don't know why it didn't end up in the official bindings. I think it got lost in the discussion.
I just scanned through the thread and noticed i never posted an update after the post you quoted, while i actually pushed the latest changes to my branch. You can find them here: https://github.com/marcoveeneman/ChibiO ... wip_update.

Maybe this is a new chance to get it into the official bindings? Giovanni, what do you think?

Marco

Giovanni
Site Admin

Postby Giovanni » Thu May 31, 2018 3:37 pm

Hi,

I don't know the status and a long time passed, make a proposal about it then discuss.

Giovanni

Return to “Small Change Requests”