STM32G47x hangs up after cold reset Topic is solved

Report here problems in any of ChibiOS components. This forum is NOT for support.
alexblack

STM32G47x hangs up after cold reset  Topic is solved

Postby alexblack » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:37 pm

Hi.
After last update of the ChbiOS the STM32G474 start to hangs up after cold start. If I press reset - the CPU restarted and worked well. On the previous commit it works fine in any case.

After some experiments I was found that the problem is with RTC and LSE, because If I set the option HAL_USE_RTC to FALSE - all works, or if I set the option STM32_RTCSEL to STM32_RTCSEL_LSI - it is also works.

I was sow that the function stm32_clock_init() was changed. Now LSE inited first, in previous commit it inited just before PLL init. I tried move this init just before PLL init and the problem dissapears. Also it seems that the hang is in function rtc_enter_init() in file hal_rtc_lld.c

Giovanni
Site Admin

Re: STM32G47x hangs up after cold reset

Postby Giovanni » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:44 pm

HI,

I will look into it, the clock initialization has been reworked but I have not tried yet all the options. Moving in bug reports.

Giovanni

Giovanni
Site Admin

Re: STM32G47x hangs up after cold reset

Postby Giovanni » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:23 am

Hi,

The problem was that the BD was reset after LSE initialization so LSE was turned off again before RTC initialization, fixed in repository.

Thanks for finding.

Giovanni

Return to “Bug Reports”