Minor cleanups Topic is solved

Report here problems in any of ChibiOS components. This forum is NOT for support.
steved

Minor cleanups  Topic is solved

Postby steved » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:38 pm

A few points:
1. CORTEX_VTOR_INIT appears to be redundant, but still features in a number of the chconf.h files (demos and test directories)

2. In ST's hal_qspi_lld.c, the comment for qspi_lld_unmap_flash() is incorrect (obviously copy & paste from its counterpart, and not updated fully)

3. In the test/demo for QSPI, memory-mapped mode is set; however no data is read/verified before exiting the mode. So does it actually work? (Not yet for me, with a different flash chip, but still trying).

Giovanni
Site Admin

Re: Minor cleanups

Postby Giovanni » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:44 pm

I tested the memory mapped mode by looking memory with a debugger, it is possible that it is related to the device, memory mapped mode uses a fast read mode. You need to enter/leave fast mode and that is device-dependent.

Giovanni

steved

Postby steved » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:44 pm

Giovanni wrote:I tested the memory mapped mode by looking memory with a debugger, it is possible that it is related to the device, memory mapped mode uses a fast read mode. You need to enter/leave fast mode and that is device-dependent.
Giovanni

That's what I did initially as well (except that I made my code read it out), and it appeared to work with a 128-byte test buffer. I'm at the point where 'normal' read and write appear to work OK on a 16K file, but the mapping gets lost when I change to memory mapping for the same data. About to break out the logic analyser!

Giovanni
Site Admin

Postby Giovanni » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:33 pm

Points 1 and 2 fixed, thanks.

Giovanni

Return to “Bug Reports”