[Announcement] ChibiOS Twitter

This forum is dedicated to feedback, discussions about ongoing or future developments, ideas and suggestions regarding the ChibiOS projects are welcome. This forum is NOT for support.
Tectu

[Announcement] ChibiOS Twitter

Postby Tectu » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:49 pm

The ChibiOS project as well as it's community is growing every day. To keep this nice process going and pull the community tighter together, we are pleased do announce the ChibiOS twitter account!
Follow the ChibiOS project on twitter so you'll stay up to date about releases, announcements, events and more!

https://twitter.com/ChibiOS_RT

~ Tectu

gmb42

Re: [Announcement] ChibiOS Twitter

Postby gmb42 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:38 pm

Personal opinion: Why? More communication channels doesn't mean better or even more communication . IMHO it just leads to a dilution of the message. Where are newcomers to go for help, the website, the wiki, or the forums, or the separate gfx website or now twitter?

Giovanni
Site Admin

Postby Giovanni » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:45 pm

Hi,

Rest assured that anything relevant will be on the forum/wiki first as usual, Tectu will act as a bridge to different media.

Giovanni

Tectu

Postby Tectu » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:53 pm

Exactelly, the idea is not to spread everything but keep the information within these borders. The twitter account is meant to get more people attracted to the project and therefore redirect them to this place.
You're also not forced to follow the twitter account or even keep it in mind at all ;-)

To the ChibiOS/GFX page: The project is quite big and I don't think it will become smaller over time. The website gives the ability go make everything as needed while the wiki page is really limiting.

Keeping a big project such as ChibiOS alive is quite a hard job and Giovanni earns all the respect I have. But it's even harder to do both, the actual development as well as the community work. I don't have much experience in this but I really want to keep the project going and to get more people to it. Therefore, you really need to give newcommers a place where they can start and you actually need to get more newcommers. You should also notice the documentation thread from today. However, doing this is not easy as well when you don't have many knowledge, experience or resources to do this. My idea is it to just give it a start. Should everything go bigger there is for one a base as well as some experience.

When you don't like it, you're very welcomed to help us doing it right.

~ Tectu

Return to “Development and Feedback”