Demo builder

This forum is dedicated to feedback, discussions about ongoing or future developments, ideas and suggestions regarding the ChibiOS projects are welcome. This forum is NOT for support.
tfAteba

Demo builder

Postby tfAteba » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:50 am

Hi all

Most o the time, I want to build all demos under demos/AVR/ for example to see if they build without any error.
It is then fastidious to change directory and run the same command again and again.

I then decide to write a small shell script that do that for me.
It can be placed under tools/builder/ for example.
When used it create a log directory under tools/builder/
All log file generate during build time is store under tools/builder/log. The name of the log file is the name of the demo combine with the time of the build.

This help me to know the state of all the AVR demos for example very easily just y reading the log files.

The script can be improve to also build more demos if needed such like (STM32, testhah.....)
Is it a good idea to have the all the log files under chibios source tree?
I also want to add some log file analysis to improve a better report of the build.

Any other Idea tor remark to improve is welcome

If it can be usefull I can commit it to the trunk but for the moment it is attached here.

Thanks
Attachments
builder.zip
demos builder
(1.04 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
regards,

Theo.

Giovanni
Site Admin

Re: Demo builder

Postby Giovanni » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:50 am

Hi,

I do the same from eclipse, open all projects you want to compile, select them using ctrl/shift-click and then compile them in one go, each project has its own log in the console window.

Then I clear-close those that worked and fix those that have error/warning icons.

Giovanni

tfAteba

Re: Demo builder

Postby tfAteba » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:15 pm

HooOO,

Cool if you work with eclipse you have that solution. But I use vim and make file so have my builder script can help.

Thanks
regards,

Theo.

Return to “Development and Feedback”