[INFO] Moving repository to OSDN

This forum is dedicated to feedback, discussions about ongoing or future developments, ideas and suggestions regarding the ChibiOS projects are welcome. This forum is NOT for support.
aGuegu

Re: [INFO] Moving repository to OSDN

Postby aGuegu » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:10 am

I am so happy to see ChibiOS is still vivid and the community is so active.

May I ask how do I suppose to download Older releases? like 17.6.4. I have checked sourceforge, but it looks like all the downloads are gone. But OSDN only got 18.x and 19.x for now.

Giovanni
Site Admin

Postby Giovanni » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:28 pm

Hi,

ChibiOS is going on since 2007 and the plan is to go ahead, sales are not huge but not bad and we are quite proud of the important firms that selected it over highly qualified competition :)

About releases: It is always possible to checkout tags in subversion, see under /tags, all versions are still there. It is unsupported code so it is pointless to offer downloads. I have all released zip/7z safely stored anyway.

Giovanni

aGuegu

Postby aGuegu » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:40 pm

Congratulations to ChibiOS. I believe it will grow even better.

Well, I can not say it is pointless to offer old downloads. In my case, I have a few demos develop on 17.6.4 (two years ago), and they would fail to build because the project structure and conf version got upgraded in the latest ChibiOS and maybe gcc-arm-nono-eabi would probably bring some trouble too. We all know it will take a while to do the migration.

But I figured out where to download the source for 17.6.4: https://osdn.net/projects/chibios/scm/s ... ver17.6.4/ I can download tar/zip on the page. That would be good enough for me.

Back to my problem to rebuild my source on deprecated ChibiOS, I have created a docker repo for the compiling: https://cloud.docker.com/repository/doc ... gu/chibios

So ChibiOS and the gcc-arm-nono-eabi at its time are stick together without contaminating the host OS. Moreover, both mac and linux can run the same image. And the host can have various versions at the same time. As I have tags for 19.1.3, 18.2.2 and 17.6.4 now. Enjoy.

Return to “Development and Feedback”