[NEWS] Updater tool for xxxconh.h files

This forum is dedicated to feedback, discussions about ongoing or future developments, ideas and suggestions regarding the ChibiOS projects are welcome. This forum is NOT for support.
Giovanni
Site Admin

[NEWS] Updater tool for xxxconh.h files

Postby Giovanni » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:38 pm

Hi,

In trunk under /tools/updater there are scripts able to batch-update all chconf.h and halconf.h files in the source tree. Not mcuconf.h right now because those need a new definition in order to differentiate the various types, it will follow.

The tool will make much easier to implement things that require configuration changes, historically a sore point.

I recommend maintainers to run the tool and update all files under /community, currently ALL of those are not aligned to the new versions and this is problematic for users.

FMPP is required and must be reachable from command line. Use is very simple, just run the script.

Consistency FTW.

Giovanni

faisal

Re: [NEWS] Updater tool for xxxconh.h files

Postby faisal » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:40 am

Tried using the script. Got a repeated output of: find: ‘update_chconf.sh’: No such file or directory . The -exec is incorrect int the script. Should be update_chconf_rt.sh or update_chconf_nil.sh .

Also, the line endings are CRLF ... used dos2unix to convert. Line endings should be UNIX ya?

Giovanni
Site Admin

Postby Giovanni » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:30 am

Hi,

You should update, I made those changes yesterday.

Giovanni

rew

Postby rew » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:21 am

Giovanni wrote:FMPP is required and must be reachable from command line. Use is very simple, just run the script.
ffmp is not currently installed on my system. apt-cache tells me about ffmpeg, but no ffmp. So it is not a standard tool, right? Where do I get ffmp?

Giovanni
Site Admin

Postby Giovanni » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:26 am

tzarc

Postby tzarc » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:12 pm

Can confirm that this worked great when upgrading all the keyboard definitions for QMK.

Completely eliminated the need to manually upgrade chconf/halconf files, and drastically cut down the number of manual changes for mcuconf.h files as only a handful of the MCUs used (F042/F072/F103/F401) did not have updaters.

Saved me a very large amount of time!

Thanks heaps for doing these. :)

Return to “Development and Feedback”