CMSIS-RTOS2

This forum is dedicated to feedback, discussions about ongoing or future developments, ideas and suggestions regarding the ChibiOS projects are welcome.
faisal

CMSIS-RTOS2

Postby faisal » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:14 am

Is there are port for CMSIS-RTOS2 coming out soon?

Giovanni
Site Admin

Re: CMSIS-RTOS2

Postby Giovanni » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:21 am

This is news for me, I must see the spec first.

Edit:

Gave it a look, they had the brilliant idea to make the kernel rely on dynamic allocation for all objects, this makes it not high priority, static design is a strong industry requirement and this is really backward for functional safety.

I just browsed that header for 2 minutes, I noticed few other inconsistencies too, for example:
1) What is the point to get a thread status? it can change after reading it.
2) Enumerating threads in an array getting pointers, those threads could terminate leaving pointers point to nothing.
3) Suspend function that takes a thread id as parameter, what if the thread is already suspended, what if it is on a semaphore? what if it is waiting for an event? what if...? what is the resume behavior?

The main problem however is that it is just an header, there is no formal specification and behavior is undefined, I would expect a greater effort in trying to establish a "standard". It is possible I am wrong and missing the point... not really.

Giovanni

faisal

Re: CMSIS-RTOS2

Postby faisal » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:46 pm

Thanks for taking a quick look at it! I appreciate your feedback.

Return to “Development and Feedback”