DeusExMachina wrote:I tried to mix ARMCM4-STM32F407-LWIP with STM32F407-DISCOVERY demos using Thomas connections layout, but I cant win I think it's worth to create STM32F407-DISCOVERY-LWIP demo in Chibios distribution, but I am afraid it's too complicated task for me.
It should actually not be so hard. Keep trying - you will learn a lot from it.
- Start from the default F4DISCOVERY board file.
- Check which media interface you need, probably RMII which uses a 50MHz clock for its databus
- Check where you need to generate the 50MHz. Some Ethernet boards have their own generator.
- Assign the pins in the map file. Remember to use the correct alternate IO.
- Maybe you need to desolder some conflicting chips.
- Add your MAC chip to your board file - it is used by the mac driver to autodetect your mac.
- Debug your mac startup. The driver is nicely written. By finding where it fails, you will get insight what is still wrong.
- Spend 2 days and few less hair -> You will *definitly* have a working project afterwards.
- The LWIP and Ethernet stuff can be used *directly* from the other demo. There is nothing specific to it.
- Always ask questions