Core to contrib move

ChibiOS public support forum for topics related to the Freescale Kinetis family of micro-controllers.

Moderator: utzig

flabbergast

Core to contrib move

Postby flabbergast » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:54 pm

I've finally done moving my fork over to Contrib. PR

Suggestions for improvements/changes are welcome! I know it's a lot of stuff, so please test and report (but of course utzig has the last word :)

utzig

Re: Core to contrib move

Postby utzig » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:53 am

All merged now. Apparently it works which is not bad! :P

Next step, remove Kinetis from main repo. Probably tomorrow.

Cheers,
Fabio Utzig

flabbergast

Postby flabbergast » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:48 am

Thanks! Pretty cool! {I was starting to get antsy.} I hope it's mostly OK. I tested what I could and tried to code conscientously ...

@jstruebel - I did not add your FRDM-K20D50M/USB_SERIAL demo because the USB_SERIAL demos needed slight updating (at least Makefile, chconf.h) and I do not have a FRDM-K20D50M board to test (they're out of production). Could you please re-add?

BTW, I do not mind keeping an eye on the Kinetis port. I have all the other boards that are there now (except the K20D50M). I'll probably buy also a FRDM-KL27Z board.

The reason that I'd like the Kinetis port to be healthy is that ARM Teensies (and Kinetis chips in general) are sometimes being used in custom-made keyboards {AVRs are still more common, but ...}, and one of the open source firmwares that is often used is TMK which can use ChibiOS as a low-level layer. {It has not been used commercially though, and it's GPL'd. I hope this does not violate the license policies - please let me know if it does!}

utzig

Postby utzig » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:51 am

I do have the FRDM-K20D50M and can test demos for it.

jstruebel

Postby jstruebel » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:48 am

Cool! I'll work on adding the FRDM-K20D50M/USB_SERIAL demo this week and let you all know.

jstruebel

Postby jstruebel » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:46 am

Added the FRDM-K20D50M USB_SERIAL project and tested. Github PR is here. Please let me know if anything should be changed. Also tested the FRDM-KL25Z USB_SERIAL and it works no problem. :D

I discovered as I was updating the makefile that Giovanni has added makefiles to include for the streams (chprintf) and shell files so I went ahead and used them in place of calling out the files explicitly. If you would like I can change the other USB_SERIAL projects, but I only have the FRDM-KL25Z board to test them in case I make a typo. :oops:

Return to “Kinetis Support”