A patch for Linker Script

ChibiOS public support forum for topics related to the Freescale Kinetis family of micro-controllers.

Moderator: utzig

RoccoMarco

Re: A patch for Linker Script

Postby RoccoMarco » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:01 pm

Hello Fabio,
I am not using github right now (I used it once some time ago...) so I have to configure it on my pc. I will send a pull request as soon as I will have some spare time.

flabbergast

Postby flabbergast » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:47 pm

utzig wrote:So guys, how about we finish this process and start updating the contrib repo with extra work available on personal repos?

Sure thing, I'll move my stuff over. Probably around this weekend, if I have time. I was kinda waiting for your go-ahead ;)
I mean I'll try to produce a few commits (i.e. like "add testhal demos", "move drivers to LLD", ...) which would still probably be kinda long-ish, but hopefully reviewable.

So fork your kinetis branch, right?

utzig

Postby utzig » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:39 pm

I think it's better to work on a fork of the main contrib repo. I'm inclined to merge the work I did there and remove the port from the main repo. It seems confusing to me to have two copies of the same thing, specially when new releases of ChibiOS come out. What do you think?

jstruebel

Postby jstruebel » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:15 am

I agree that it makes more sense to have it all in one place. Once flabbergast's branch is ported over I'll rebase on that and submit a PR for my patches once I'm sure they work with the new structure.

flabbergast

Postby flabbergast » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:19 am

Working on moving my branch. It does not really help that there are a lot of recent substantial changes in the mainline ChibiOS-RT git that I didn't merge yet (moving ports->startup, new HOOKS, ...) So I am updating to these at the same time. May not end well. Oh well.

Return to “Kinetis Support”