ChibiOS/HAL and IAR EWARM?

Discussions and support about ChibiOS/HAL, the MCU Hardware Abstraction Layer.
gerhardf

Re: ChibiOS/HAL and IAR EWARM?

Postby gerhardf » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:31 am

Hello,
thanks for the link.
Thank goodness youtube offers the possibility to reduce the speed. ;)

Unfortunately the board.chcfg isn't recognized a .xml file and the menu entry Configuration isn't shown at Chibistudio.
Any ideas?

Gerhard

Giovanni
Site Admin

Postby Giovanni » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:40 am

Hi,

You need to select the .chcfg file in the project explorer and a button appears in the toolbar.

It is possible that your antivirus corrupted the ChibiStudio installation (when this happens you may experience missing components or features), also verify that Java 32bits is installed.

Giovanni

gerhardf

Postby gerhardf » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:46 am

Giovanni wrote:It is possible that your antivirus corrupted the ChibiStudio installation (when this happens you may experience missing components or features), also verify that Java 32bits is installed.

That's the reason why I doesn't like Eclipse! :)

Finally I was able to get my hands on a STM32H743 Nucleo board.
I know that the support for the STM32H7 isn't finished until now but for my tests it's enough.
With the help of the STM32F303 project I was able to setup a project for the STM32H743 Nucleo board and it's already running (until now I only tested LED'S and button).

There is only one warning:
Warning: The header file 'cmsis_iar.h' is obsolete and should not be used.

But this seems to be a IAR problem and should be solved with EWARM 8.30.x and higher.

So once again many thanks for your efforts!

regards
Gerhard
Last edited by gerhardf on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Giovanni
Site Admin

Postby Giovanni » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:05 am

Hi,

ChibiOS uses CMSIS headers included in its tree, maybe the header is not the very latest one. It has been updated in trunk to CMSIS 5.4 so it should be fine in next release.

H7 support will be completed, we are giving priority to L4 because it is more "mainstream".

Eclipse is fat from perfect but it has significant advantages over other development environments. For example, I can develop Java plugins, embedded C code, debug, edit XML/XSLT files, use makefiles and shell scripts, edit freemarker templates, use git/subversion, etc. All in a single environment, it is its crazy flexibility the strong point, it comes with added complexity of course.

Giovanni

Return to “ChibiOS/HAL”