BCM2835 Interrupt Handler

Discussions and support about ChibiOS/RT, the free embedded RTOS.
MartinOrtuno

BCM2835 Interrupt Handler

Postby MartinOrtuno » Thu May 11, 2017 12:47 am

Hi everybody:
I am pretty much noob in ChibiOS, I used this RTOS in my embedded design class, I am planning to use my Raspberry B+ (BCM2835) under ChibiOS. I want to monitor water flows for a school project, so I am going to use a hall effect water flow sensor, basically what I want to do is to count the number of pulses in a given pin and re-calculate the flow measure every second, for this reason I need to access to interrupts, I think (I don't really know) that the answer to my question is by using the EXT Driver Library but I don't know how to configure a PAD (pin) as an interrupt source. I already check in the test HAL examples but the BCM2835 has no EXT Driver examples.
I would appreciate any help, advice or example that you could give me...
Thank you
Martin

Giovanni
Site Admin

Re: BCM2835 Interrupt Handler

Postby Giovanni » Sat May 13, 2017 7:23 am

Hi,

The Raspberry port has been created by another developer I cannot help directly with that, you are correct about the EXT driver, it is what you should use but I don't know if it is implemented for BCM2835.

Giovanni

tfAteba

Re: BCM2835 Interrupt Handler

Postby tfAteba » Sun May 14, 2017 12:22 pm

Hi Martin,

Do you realy need to use just a Raspberry Pi?

What about using Raspberry Pi with a debian distrubution in combination with STM32 or Arduino running ChibiOS for the real time part. You can then make a serial link between the Rapberry pi and the other mcu.
regards,

Theo.

Return to “ChibiOS/RT”