Is Aduino Uno is supported? Topic is solved

ChibiOS public support forum for topics related to the Atmel AVR family of micro-controllers.

Moderators: utzig, tfAteba

tfAteba

Re: Is Aduino Uno is supported?

Postby tfAteba » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:33 pm

@Igor,

Well ;) I finally understand what you try to explain to me. So I need to invest to buy some external debugger ;).

But for now, print and gpoi are my best tools;), I'm going to deal with. Thanks you Igor

Theo

tfAteba

Postby tfAteba » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:26 pm

Hello Igor, Fabio,

I finaly have the time this days, and I have tested hall the GPIO of the Arduino Uno. It work fine.

Now, I have to move on, by testing or writing a peace of code to test other module for the board(arduino uno with atmega328p).

I need UART, I2C, PWM, INT for my self-balancing robot project.

If you have any advices, you are welcome.

Thanks, Theo.

utzig

Postby utzig » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:03 am

UART, I2C and PWM are already supported. Since UART and I2C are much simpler and also very restricted on what PINs you must use, start from there. PWM works but has limitations of which the main one is that you cannot share timers. If you are using TIM0 for the ticker you'll only have TIM1 or TIM2 (I don't remember how many are on the 328p). For INT, an ext driver was contributed by Igor and is available on his Github. As soon as I get some free time I'll try to incorporate it, which could happen before you need it, maybe. You can also do the manual programming of INTs which is not that hard.

If you change/fix issues in drivers, we'll be happy to get your feedback/patches.

Kind regards,
Fabio Utzig

Return to “AVR Support”