I'm currently working on a project that will use an STM32F4 MCU with a variety of interfaces:
- An external RAM connected via the FSMC
- An LCD connected via the FSMC
- A camera connected via the DCMI
- Ideally DMA transfers for the Camera, LCD and RAM
- A SD card via the SDIO interface
- USB slave
- ADC and PWM
- I2C / SPI and UART
- External interrupts and time based events
Since this project will be rather large and and I want to maintain a smooth GUI, while data transfers and computations happen in the background, my gut feeling is to go with a RTOS, to better manage the individual aspects.
But as far as I can tell a few of the interface I will need are not supported by chibiOS yet. I have gotten almost all all of them to work individually already. Can I use my existing code or a slight modification of it inside of chibiOS? If not, how much effort would it be for me to add support for these interface into chibiOS (In terms of LOC, relevant files, ...)?