RT Win32 Simulator issue

ChibiOS public support forum for all topics not covered by a specific support forum.

Moderators: RoccoMarco, lbednarz, utzig, tfAteba, barthess

tomreed

RT Win32 Simulator issue

Postby tomreed » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:18 am

Hello, I am really struggling to build the RT-Win32-Simulator demo. When attempting to build, I am presented with the following error:

Code: Select all

Invoking: GCC C Compiler
C:/ChibiStudio/chibios191/test/rt/source/test/rt_test_root.c:42:10: fatal error: hal.h: No such file or directory
Invoking: GCC C Compiler
 #include "hal.h"
gcc -O2 -g -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -MMD -MP -MF"test/rt/source/test/rt_test_sequence_002.d" -MT"test/rt/source/test/rt_test_sequence_002.d" -o "test/rt/source/test/rt_test_sequence_002.o" "C:/ChibiStudio/chibios191/test/rt/source/test/rt_test_sequence_002.c"
          ^~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

Should this demo be expected to work out-of-the-box or am I missing something? I am using ChibiStudio 20.7 and ChibiOS 19.1.0. I have verified that the CHIBIOS directory in the makefile is correct. I also have MinGW installed and C:/MinGW/bin added to my PATH. The Eclipse toolchain settings are "MinGW GCC" and "Gnu Make Builder".

I should add that I am able to build and run STM32 demos with no issues.

Any hints?

Giovanni
Site Admin

Re: RT Win32 Simulator issue

Postby Giovanni » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:15 pm

Hi,

I am building it from trunk code without problems, I cannot test 19.1.0 right now because I am on travel. Are you using the right make.exe? it needs the make from MinGW. Check your path variable.

Giovanni

Return to “General Support”