Problem when setting up an Eclipse-based IDE

ChibiOS public support forum for all topics not covered by a specific support forum.

Moderators: RoccoMarco, lbednarz, utzig, tfAteba, barthess

s03311251

Problem when setting up an Eclipse-based IDE

Postby s03311251 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:24 pm

I'm new with ChibiOS
I've tried to use Eclipse as my IDE, so I followed the instructions here: http://www.chibios.org/dokuwiki/doku.ph ... s:eclipse1
Then I tried to build an existing project from github, but it gives error message:

19:06:41 **** Incremental Build of configuration Default for project Robocon_2016_SaiHung-master-1937872d2ad375b35302426393a8031b495071e5 ****
make all
make: *** No rule to make target `crt0_v7m.S', needed by `build/obj/crt0_v7m.o'. Stop.

19:06:47 Build Finished (took 5s.476ms)

The chibiOS version: 2.6.10
Platform: STM32F429

Giovanni
Site Admin

Re: Problem when setting up an Eclipse-based IDE

Postby Giovanni » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:40 pm

Hi,

That is a very old version of ChibiOS and I am not sure of what the problem could be without details.

I suggest to download ChibiStudio, it contains a recent version and works out of box.

Giovanni

RoccoMarco

Postby RoccoMarco » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:42 pm

Hi,
What operating system are you using?
Ciao,
RM

tahirhasan

Postby tahirhasan » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:49 pm

Good Day,
I am working with ChibiOS and Stm32 for some time now. The first time I setup my computer was using a guide placed in the dokuwiki section under the name Setting up an Eclipse Based IDE. Recently chibiSO website was down for some maintenance. After that when I tried to access the link it was not there anymore. Is there any way to get the page again. Additionally, the page had a second link also, in which there were links for softwares like EClipse, GCC GDB Java etc. It would eb a huge help if any help on this can be done from you.

Giovanni
Site Admin

Postby Giovanni » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:54 pm

Hi,

There is a new and better guide on PlayEmbedded here: https://www.playembedded.org/blog/assem ... m-scratch/

I think the (quite) old guide is no more needed, I have it stored anyway.

Giovanni

tahirhasan

Postby tahirhasan » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:23 am

Hey,
Thank You So much for the reply. So the Problem we are facing is that we inherited the project from someone who was working with it a while ago. He set it up on a quite older version of ChibiOS. Additionally we are using VESC from Bejnamin Vedder, whose firmware works on the same tools as we use in our project.
Now,I had stumbled upon the guide from PlayEmbedded. After setting up with a newer version of ChibiOS the old project and the old firmware surprisingly stops compiling and building. This is somewhat a very strange behavior and I have not yet figured it out.
Additionally, I work most of the time with Ubuntu. It might be a foolish thing to say but I failed to build the toolchain and the Eclipse IDE for Ubuntu. While the old guide was more elaborate on OS setup so it was helpful for me.
You mentioned that you have it archived, it would be very generous of you to have it ublic or guide in a way I can setup the old code to work with a new ChibiOS.
Than You.
Tahir Hasan
Giovanni wrote:Hi,

There is a new and better guide on PlayEmbedded here: https://www.playembedded.org/blog/assem ... m-scratch/

I think the (quite) old guide is no more needed, I have it stored anyway.

Giovanni

Giovanni
Site Admin

Postby Giovanni » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:49 am

Hi,

There is a pre-built ChibiStudio for Linux avaiable, there is also a complete Linux VM with everything configured and ready to go.

The old guide is attached, I don't have plans to restore it.

eclipse_guide.7z
(642.53 KiB) Downloaded 164 times

Giovanni

tahirhasan

Postby tahirhasan » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:48 pm

Hi,
Thank you so much for the files. It helped a lot. I will definitely try it with the Linux tools you mentioned.
Thank You

Return to “General Support”