Issues compiling demo projects

ChibiOS public support forum for topics related to the STMicroelectronics SPC56x family of automotive micro-controllers.
russian

Issues compiling demo projects

Postby russian » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:28 am

I have two issues compiling SPC demo projects:

First the good, to make sure that my make & ppc gcc are set properly:
PPC-SPC560B-GCC in 2.6.5 complies just fine:

First issue: PPC-SPC563M-GCC in 2.6.5 (same with 2.6.4):
It looks like os/hal/platforms/SPC5xx/DSPI_v1/spi_lld.c is just not there! Once I've copied the missing folder from 2.6 trunk, it compiles just fine. Is there an issue with release building script, if there is such thing as release building script? :)

Speaking about 2.6 trunk version, here is another issue: build fails at the end while processing the artifacts:

russian

Re: Issues compiling demo projects

Postby russian » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:46 am

PS: anyway, how do I program the binary into the board using SPC5Studio?

While AN4425 promises "The document UM1602 (see Reference documents) is focused to describe and to understand how to use SPC5studio and how to create, build and debug a project.", I do not see the word "debug" mentioned in UM1602 SPC5 Studio users guide even once, but maybe I am doing something wrong.

Giovanni
Site Admin

Re: Issues compiling demo projects

Postby Giovanni » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:12 am

Hi,

I recommend using the ChibiOS included in SPC5Studio because the drivers present in 2.6.x are not fully aligned to those in SPC5Studio.

ChibiOS 3.0 uses the very same drivers contained in SPC5Studio (it refers the SPC5Studio repository directly).

About the debugger, you need the PLS software for that, from the ST SPC5Studio page there is a link to a PLS page where you can download the debugger (a very nice one too) for free, just limited to 256k.

Giovanni

Return to “SPC56x Support”