Eclipse Board generator plugin? Topic is solved

ChibiOS public support forum for topics related to the STMicroelectronics STM32 family of micro-controllers.

Moderators: RoccoMarco, barthess

FJ_Sanchez

Eclipse Board generator plugin?

Postby FJ_Sanchez » Sat May 23, 2020 3:42 am

Hi,

my name is Fran and I am new to ChibiOS. I have already read a big part of the documentation and already tried one of the demos with a NUCLEO-144 STM32F413ZH board. I am trying to run a hello world on my custom board. The board has a STM32F413CHU6 and I have started to manually edit mcuconfig.h and board.h. Creating this last one is very tedious, I have spent already a couple of hours just to define the configuration for GPIOA and the pin definitions... I have seen that there is an Eclipse plugin that might help with this task, where can I download it? I am using STM32CubeIDE, will it work? If I need to find a different version just to do this I am more than happy to do so.

Regards and thank you!

Giovanni
Site Admin

Re: Eclipse Board generator plugin?  Topic is solved

Postby Giovanni » Sat May 23, 2020 5:41 am

Hi,

The update site would normally be here: http://chibios.org/eclipse/chibistudio_new

We have problems with our web site currently so the plugin is not there in this moment, it should work in any Eclipse environment anyway if there are all the dependencies installed.

In the meanwhile you may try ChibiStudio for building the board files or use this script: /os/hal/boards/genboard.sh, this does not require the plugin at all, (you need to install FMPP).

Giovanni

FJ_Sanchez

Re: Eclipse Board generator plugin?

Postby FJ_Sanchez » Sat May 23, 2020 10:11 am

Hi Giovanni,

That explains why I couldn't connect to that URL yesterday from Eclipse. Is ChibiStudio available for Linux? I checked the genboard.sh but editing manually the XML without any prior knowledge was daunting, I feel more confident now so I will try.

Something that I wasn't able to achieve is to disable the PLL and just use HSI directly as SystemClock. I ended up adjusting the PLL divider so it still gets the assumed 8MHz and generates a 96Mhz signal (I think that the comments in the NUCLEO-144 F413 are incorrect).

FJ_Sanchez

Postby FJ_Sanchez » Sat May 23, 2020 1:11 pm

Another question, in the XSD it seems that only HAL 4.0x and 5.0x are supported:

Code: Select all

<xs:restriction base="xs:string">
                        <xs:enumeration value="5.0.x"></xs:enumeration>
                        <xs:enumeration value="4.0.x"></xs:enumeration>
xs:restriction>

Can I edit it to add 6.x.x and 7.x.x? Why are these schema files only present in master?

UPDATE:

I just saw it hardcoded in the template so I guess that it doesn't matter:

Code: Select all

#ifndef HALCONF_H
#define HALCONF_H

#define _CHIBIOS_HAL_CONF_
#define _CHIBIOS_HAL_CONF_VER_7_1_

#include "mcuconf.h"
Last edited by FJ_Sanchez on Sat May 23, 2020 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Giovanni
Site Admin

Postby Giovanni » Sat May 23, 2020 1:27 pm

No need, just keep 5.0.0, it includes all newer ones.

Probably it will disappear at some point.

Giovanni

FJ_Sanchez

Postby FJ_Sanchez » Mon May 25, 2020 1:29 am

I have been using the chcfg file and fmpp to generate the files, so much better!

After changing the clock configuration to HSI/PLL and configuring the ST driver to use TIM5 instead of TIM2 I can run the demo on my board, the LEDs blink properly, the serial port (changed to UART1) works and the all the tests pass so I can close this thread.

Thanks Giovani for your help and this wonderful piece of software.

Return to “STM32 Support”