RT-STM32-LWIP-FATFS-USB working for F769I Disco Board?

ChibiOS public support forum for topics related to the STMicroelectronics STM32 family of micro-controllers.

Moderators: RoccoMarco, barthess

code_ninja

RT-STM32-LWIP-FATFS-USB working for F769I Disco Board?

Postby code_ninja » Wed May 06, 2020 2:56 pm

Hi,

I am trying to run the RT-STM32-LWIP-FATFS-USB and the RT-STM32-LWIP-FATFS-USB-HTTPS examples on the F769I discovery board. Have these two Code examples been tested on the F7 board? Because the readme only mentions the Olimex board. also the Target Settings in stm32f769_discovery.make is MCU = cortex-m4 (I assume it should be m7).

If anybody has tested these examples on the F769I-disco board, what functions (lwip, FATFS, USB, Http, Https) are expected to work and what are not if any?

I have the examples running on my F7 board and the http(s)-Server worked out-of-box. However, I did not get the chprintf in the codes working. I saw in the codes that SDU2 is defined and STM32_USB_USE_OTG2 is enabled. I connected a USB cable to the OTG USB (CN15) but did not see any COM port appear in Windows. How should I see the chprintf Output in the example codes?

Any Reply will be appreciated. Thanks.

Giovanni
Site Admin

Re: RT-STM32-LWIP-FATFS-USB working for F769I Disco Board?

Postby Giovanni » Wed May 06, 2020 6:28 pm

Hi,

The demo RT-STM32-LWIP-FATFS-USB can be built for several targets, including the F7 discovery. Look at the various makefiles under ./make.

About the USB demo, it should just work on the supported boards, is your board one of those? if not you need to create "board files" for your board (GPIO and clock setup).

Giovanni

code_ninja

Postby code_ninja » Wed May 06, 2020 9:46 pm

Thanks for the quick Reply! Yes, for the LWIP-FATFS-USB example, there is one .make file for the F769I discovery board under the \make Folder.

For the USB demo, if it works, would the OTG USB appear as a virtual com port in Windows? And then I can run the Shell demo from my Terminal Emulator (which I cannot run at the moment)

Also, just wondering why in the .make for the F7 board, the target is set to m4 and not m7. Should it be m7?
Link: https://github.com/ChibiOS/ChibiOS/blob ... overy.make

Code: Select all

# Target settings.

MCU  = cortex-m4

# Imported source files and paths.

CHIBIOS  := ../../..

CONFDIR  := ./cfg/stm32f769_discovery

BUILDDIR := ./build/stm32f769_discovery

DEPDIR   := ./.dep/stm32f769_discovery

Giovanni
Site Admin

Postby Giovanni » Thu May 07, 2020 1:10 pm

M4 or M7 makes no real difference, you may try both.

USB appears as a com port, the demo flashes the LED more quickly when USB is connected.

Giovanni

Return to “STM32 Support”