NASA OSAL Demo

ChibiOS public support forum for topics related to the STMicroelectronics STM32 family of micro-controllers.

Moderators: RoccoMarco, barthess

chiVelle

NASA OSAL Demo

Postby chiVelle » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:27 am

I'm interested in the STM32F4 demo of the NASA cFE OSAL. I see the osapi.c and PSP files within common/abstractions/nasa_cfe, but can you tell me more about how this integrates with the actual NASA cFE source code to build the firmware with everything integrated? I have experience building cFE for Linux and am familiar with its application model, so I am intrigued on how it crosses over to an MCU. Specifically interested in how the application objects running on top of cfe-core translate to the STM32.

Any details would be appreciated. Thank you!

Giovanni
Site Admin

Re: NASA OSAL Demo

Postby Giovanni » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:50 am

Hi,

We just implemented the OSAL specification because a request, I never integrated it with actual firmware except our test applications.

If you are going to give it a try we can assist in case of problems. The only known limitation is that OS_TaskDelete() does not actually kill a thread because this is not allowed in ChibiOS, it just sets a termination flag.

Giovanni

chiVelle

Re: NASA OSAL Demo

Postby chiVelle » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:09 pm

Thank you for the response. I will let you know how integration goes when we start the process.

Return to “STM32 Support”