How can i have access to detailed information about the license for the use of STM32?

ChibiOS public support forum for topics related to the STMicroelectronics STM32 family of micro-controllers.

Moderators: RoccoMarco, barthess

tuNguyen

How can i have access to detailed information about the license for the use of STM32?

Postby tuNguyen » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:43 pm

I want to know more information about licensing for unlimited uss of STM32 (such as its price, is it once-off payment?, how to register for it? , etc.)

Giovanni
Site Admin

Re: How can i have access to detailed information about the license for the use of STM32?

Postby Giovanni » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:24 pm

Hi,

I assume you mean unlimited use of ChibiOS on STM32, right? there is one license type that allows unlimited use of ChibiOS and ALL its ports for commercial applications. It is called PSGL "Production Source Global License".

http://www.chibios.org/dokuwiki/doku.ph ... :documents

In practice it allows unlimited deployment of the full ChibiOS codebase, it includes everything.

Giovanni

tuNguyen

Re: How can i have access to detailed information about the license for the use of STM32?

Postby tuNguyen » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:12 am

Yeah, you're right. i was getting a bit confused about licensing at first, but i've just clarified by your answer. I'll now study it more thoroughly before making final decision. Greatly appreciate for your support.

Return to “STM32 Support”