New debug option

ChibiOS public support forum for topics related to the STMicroelectronics STM32 family of micro-controllers.

Moderators: RoccoMarco, barthess

Jacon

New debug option

Postby Jacon » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:58 am

Quite interesting :D :

http://www.edn-europe.com/news/seggers- ... mcu-boards

especially, you may always reverse this to original one...

Giovanni
Site Admin

Re: New debug option

Postby Giovanni » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:02 pm

hi,

Smart move on their side, to be tested for sure.

Giovanni

RoccoMarco

Postby RoccoMarco » Tue May 17, 2016 11:41 am

Hi, indeed I received a comment from a Segger guy just below my latest review on PLAY Embedded (STM32 Nucleo144 review).

He said that system view could be integrated into eclipse. I have continued the conversation privately and they have decided to send us a JLink Pro as sample asking us to write a review.

I will try it and I will try to flash the STLink with their firmware. I do not deny that it would be more exciting if Segger would also support ChibiOS in their system view, especially because the ChibiOS statistic module is considerably detailed (even if its style is... minimal :mrgreen:).
Ciao,
RM

faisal

Postby faisal » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:40 am

BEWARE using j-link flashed st-link debugger. I have had success with several of them, but I now have 2 solid data points showing that the j-link flashed st-link debugger resulted in a corrupted flash image when programming the target. When reverted back to st-link firmware, the same .elf file was flashed correctly to the target.

Saw this thread while I was googling for something. I know I'm bringing this thread up from the dead - but I did have something to share :) .

rew

Postby rew » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:09 pm

It would be interesting to see the image that ends up in the MCU with the different flashing methods. You can simply read the CPU to produce a binary file.

faisal

Postby faisal » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:31 pm

rew wrote:It would be interesting to see the image that ends up in the MCU with the different flashing methods. You can simply read the CPU to produce a binary file.

I did compare the images, definitely corruption. Unfortunately can't share the binary.

Return to “STM32 Support”