MMC Over SPI Troubles With Embest Board

ChibiOS public support forum for topics related to the STMicroelectronics STM32 family of micro-controllers.

Moderators: barthess, RoccoMarco

abbyj

MMC Over SPI Troubles With Embest Board

Postby abbyj » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:59 am

Hi Gents,

I've tried compiling the demo for the STM32F4 and have updated my board files (Thank you Tectu for your help with the board files!), but I am still not able to access the SD card. :oops: I have tried a SanDisk 4GB and a Crucial 1GB.

Where else should I be looking to find my problem? Is there a setting that needs to be TRUE/FALSE in order for it to work? It appears that the InsertHandler/RemoveHandler is not running. Is there a particular frequency that needs to be set for it to work?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Jason

Giovanni
Site Admin

Re: MMC Over SPI Troubles With Embest Board

Postby Giovanni » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:33 am

Hi,

In order to make those handlers work, you must provide the card detect code for your board in board.c.

Giovanni

resset

Postby resset » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:55 am

On Embest board there is a GPIOB_PIN15 that is connected to ~CD of the card, so it should work as a card detect, only negated. It is not configured in Tectu's board files, however. Should be sth like this: GPIOB_SD_DETECT.

Tectu

Postby Tectu » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:10 pm

Can you please upload a .zip of your code containing your board files? There are different versions of Tectu's board files out there. I will try to get a final one together this weekend.

~ Tectu

resset

Postby resset » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:35 pm

Tectu wrote:Can you please upload a .zip of your code containing your board files? There are different versions of Tectu's board files out there. I will try to get a final one together this weekend.

If you asked about mine, I attach them below. :-)
Attachments
EMBEST_DMSTF4BB.zip
(9.89 KiB) Downloaded 78 times

Return to “STM32 Support”