Chibi Eclipse plugin not working under Eclipse Neon

Discussions and support about ChibiStudio, the free development environment for ARM.
tfAteba

Re: Chibi Eclipse plugin not working under Eclipse Neon

Postby tfAteba » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:11 pm

Hi all,

Its not just the Chibi plugin - embsysregview doesn't work under neon yet, either.
steved

Yes you are right, I had encountered this problem today at work :o . It is a very useful tool and I was very sad to not having it installed. I hope all these problems will be resolve soon.
regards,

Theo.

Giovanni
Site Admin

Postby Giovanni » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:18 am

embregsysview does support the new API but still has dependencies on the old API, it should be easy to fix, just remove the old code. The ChibiOS plugin only uses the old API, there is one class to be rewritten.

Anyway, if somebody wants to give it a try, source code is here: https://svn.code.sf.net/p/chibios/svn/b ... udio_trunk

Note that there are 3 projects using the same class, those are the debuggers for RT2, RT3 and RT4. The impacted class is: /src/org/chibios/tools/eclipse/debug/utils/DebugProxy.java

ChibiStudio includes all the Java and Plugins support, it is not just C/C++, it can be used to compile those projects.

I will give it some bandwidth after the 17.2 release anyway.

Giovanni

Jacon

Postby Jacon » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:14 pm

steved wrote:Its not just the Chibi plugin - embsysregview doesn't work under neon yet, either.

The second reason seem disappear as of now:
https://mcuoneclipse.com/2017/07/26/embsysregview-0-2-6-for-eclipse-neon-and-oxygen/

Xela

Postby Xela » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:38 pm

Hi All

I am new to this community, trying to figure out how to bring up a new board with chibi.

I have run into the same problem here. I believe I am on Eclipse Oxygen.

Not sure how to proceed without these chibi tools in eclipse. It will break my heart to set up a windows machine.

There really is not much else returned by google in reference to org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core 0.0.0 other than this thread.

Have you all since been able to resolve this problem?

Cheers
Alex

Giovanni
Site Admin

Postby Giovanni » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:25 pm

Hi,

You can use the ChibiStudio plugins on Linux or Mac but you need to use Luna or Mars.

Giovanni

faisal

Postby faisal » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:08 am

Giovanni wrote:
I will give it some bandwidth after the 17.2 release anyway.

Giovanni

Now that 17.2 release is well behind us, and we're coming up on 18.1 ... how about some love for ChibiStudio after the 18.x release :) ?

Giovanni
Site Admin

Postby Giovanni » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:41 am

Sure, but the classic debugger interface is gone in the "gaseous releases" and I have no idea of how the new interface works. Eclipse documentation is not exactly easy.

About embsysregview, it does not include XML descriptions for all devices but there is a trick that can be used in its place: each driver instance, for example SPID1, has a pointer to the registers block, in this case named "spi", that allows to inspect the HW registers using the "expressions" view in Eclipse. Just add as expression the driver you want to inspect.

Giovanni

faisal

Postby faisal » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:32 pm

Giovanni wrote:About embsysregview, it does not include XML descriptions for all devices but there is a trick that can be used in its place: each driver instance, for example SPID1, has a pointer to the registers block, in this case named "spi", that allows to inspect the HW registers using the "expressions" view in Eclipse. Just add as expression the driver you want to inspect.

Giovanni

No need for that. You can get the up to date .SVD files straight from the vendor (e.g. ST micro), and copy them into the .jar file, renaming them as .xml. Works like a charm.

Return to “ChibiStudio”