Terminal and BT

Discussions and support about ChibiStudio, the free development environment for ARM.
pito

Terminal and BT

Postby pito » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:23 pm

I am using BT modules for comm with my discoboards. When trying the built-in Terminal1 (CBS5), ie. com4 or com6 (my two BT modules) it says no coms, and locks them, so even TeraTerm says coms are not available. Disconnecting/connecting the st-link helps (so TT can use them again). Any hint how to setup the internal terminal stuff (not a priority - but nice to have)..

Giovanni
Site Admin

Re: Terminal and BT

Postby Giovanni » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:20 pm

Strange, it works with any COM for me, try writing the COM number even if it is not in the combo box because the list is created when Eclipse is started and not updated.

Giovanni

pito

Re: Terminal and BT

Postby pito » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:31 am

I can write down the com4 and com6 into the COM selection box in the Terminal1 settings window, but it returns "no such port.." when trying to connect actually - see below.

It also locks the com4 driver down so I cannot open the com4 w/ the TeraTerm after such above attempt (I have to power off the discovery module, the BT module is powered off then, the connection is released, and I can connect to it with TT again).

It might be the com4 is connected to the cbs5 in reality (because the TT indicates com4 is taken by somebody) and the link to the BT has been established, but Terminal1 does not work properly with com4, or something like that. I've tried with different timeouts (including 0) w/ no luck.

It works fine with TT or other terminals.
Attachments
term1.jpg
term1.jpg (11.47 KiB) Viewed 2780 times

Return to “ChibiStudio”