Document Error - upper case CHIBIOS

kflee2000

Document Error - upper case CHIBIOS

Postby kflee2000 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:45 pm

Just download the gfx plug for Chibios and noted a trivial documentation error:

GFXLIB = $(chibios)/ext/gfx

should be

GFXLIB = $(CHIBIOS)/ext/gfx

as most of the examples in demos use upper case.

Tectu

Re: Document Error - upper case CHIBIOS

Postby Tectu » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:31 pm

Hello kflee2000,

Thank you very much for the "bug report". It's fixed!

~ Tectu

kflee2000

Postby kflee2000 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:02 pm

Hi,

See the change. Thanks.

It took a while to figure out the 'corresponding places in your Makefile' for a new comer but I got it at end.

I am using a board that also ILI9320 so I naturally set the board to the BOARD_OLIMEX_STM32_LCD and compile it.
It gave several errors of a kind: undeclared varialbes like: BOARD_OLIMEX_STM32_LCD, GPIOE_TFT_RST and GPIOE_TFT_RST etc. Grep did not find them from ChibiOS root down.

Where can I found these values?

rgds,
kfl.

Tectu

Postby Tectu » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:37 pm

Hey kflee2000,

Are you just using a board which uses an ILI9320 LCD controller as well or do you have exactly that Olimex STM32 LCD board?

When you have that board
The errors you get are because of the missing board files inside chibios/boards. The ChibiOS/RT board files of this board aren't inside the ChibiOS/RT repo yet, but you can get them here. Just follow the instructions.

When you don't have that board
Then you need to take the gdisp_lld_board_example.h file inside the ILI9320 driver directory, copy it, give it a sane name and make the routines working for your display.

I hope this helps a bit. Please feel free to ask any further questions.

~ Tectu

kflee2000

Postby kflee2000 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:29 am

Hi, Tectu,

The use case I am aiming at is: STM32F103RB + UG2828GDEDF11 OLED diaplay and IT7250 Touch screen controller. However
as I am not yet familiar with ChibiOS + GFX, I thought just use a development board (known to be working with UCOS-II) that use STM32F103RB + ILI9320 as a starter. My idea is to get just this example compiled and load and to see what would happy?

The main.c is the example of gfx site that draw sine-wave. After follow your advice to get the board of OLIMEX, thee compilation left with an error of: undefined reference to `gdisp_lld_control_ILI9320'.

I also switch ChibiOS from 2.4.2 to 2.5.1 and error remain the same. Please give some light to the issue.

rgds,
kfl.

Tectu

Postby Tectu » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:04 am

Hey kflee2000,

As you can read just a few lines above the graph demo code, you need to specify the following inside your halconf.h:

Code: Select all

#define GDISP_NEED_CONTROL TRUE

That macro is needed when any of these commands here is used. The graph example uses gdispSetOrientation() to rotate the display.

I hope that solves your problem.

~ Tectu

Return to “LCD Driver and Graphic Framework”